Help Us Build a Stronger Atlanta
The Atlanta Land Trust provides a unique opportunity for mortgage providers to participate in providing home ownership opportunities for low-to-moderate income individuals and families in the city of Atlanta using the Community Land Trust (CLT) model.
To discuss how your organization can partner with ALT in its effort to provide homeownership opportunities and promote permanent affordability in Atlanta, contact Amanda Rhein.Email ALT to Get Started
Why Provide Loans?
Several studies have shown that CLT loans outperform most market-rate loans in terms of delinquencies and foreclosures. Find out more about the historical performance of CLT mortgages by reading the reports below.
This study examines the rates of delinquencies and foreclosure filings in mortgages that were held by households who owned homes in Community Land Trusts.
Emily Thaden, Ph.D., Research & Policy Development National CLT Network presentation on how homeowners in community land trusts experienced lower rates of foreclosure.
- How Community Land Trusts Work
- Grounded Solutions Network
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Selling Guide
- Fannie Mae and Community Land Trusts
- Outperforming the Market Low Rates of Foreclosure in U.S. Community Land Trusts
- Georgia Department of Community Affairs
- Invest Atlanta
- National Investment Division (NID) Housing Counseling Agency
- The Case for Affordable Housing