- This event has passed.
Housing Protections During COVID-19
May 6 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree
As part of the Home Empowerment series, the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership is teaming with Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation and the city of Atlanta to host a free virtual workshop designed to provide information and identify resources available to you during the COVID-19 pandemic. Welcoming remarks will be made by the city of Atlanta’s Chief Housing Officer, Terri Lee.
To answer as many questions as possible, we are asking for questions to be submitted ahead of the workshop during the registration process.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Existing legal protections for tenants in Georgia.
– Right to the eviction process
– Protections for tenants living in extended stay hotels/motels
– What to do if you are served with an eviction
- Added protections under the federal CARES Act.
– Eviction moratorium for tenants
– CARES Act Forbearance: What it means, who is eligible, how to request assistance
– Options after forebearnace ends
– Mortgage foreclosure moratorium for homeowners
- Where to look for help.
– How to know whether your landlord/property or mortgage is covered by the CARES Act
– Other loss mitigation/foreclosure prevention options for those who cannot get a CARES Act forbearance
– Where to find sample answer forms, legal advice, and legal representation
– Where to find rental assistance
– Avoiding scams
The 2020 Home Empowerment workshop series is sponsored by Wells Fargo and Bank of America.